Find out more about what's included
What you can expect from a Plus One Photo Tour:
- Technical and creative expertise from our Photo Mentors and in depth local knowledge from our Tour Leaders
- Flexibility which allows you as much or as little attention as you require
- A daily one to one session with the Photo Mentor to discuss anything technical or creative and to seek any photography advice
- Access to our group chat which is private for each tour
Please note that we give an idea of travelling times between locations, but this is estimated as it doesn’t account for stopping along the route to take advantage of photographic opportunities!
Included in the cost
This is what we can offer you on every Tour (unless otherwise specified in the individual tour itinerary)
- Transport from an agreed collection point (usually an airport or train station) and throughout the tour to photographic locations
- Breakfast served at the accommodation
- One to one time with the Photo Mentor each day at set times
Not included in the cost
- International Flights (other than those that form part of the tour)
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch (unless specified in the itinerary)
- Drinks (unless specified)
- Dinner (unless specified in the itinerary)
- Photography equipment
- Valid passport and visa (if required)
- Any tips for staff
Individual itineraries will be issued for each tour so some of the above details may differ – this is a general overview.
What to Bring
We don’t want to teach you to suck eggs but we’re out in the field most of the time and in our experience, the list below is useful!
- Camera/lenses/back up battery
- 2 x memory cards (at least)
- Flash (if not built into camera)
- Laptop/portable hard drive for downloading and storing images
- Card reader
- Footwear suitable for walking on rough terrain as well as in urban environment
- Waterproofs for camera
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
A more detailed list of what’s recommended for each tour will be sent with the individual tour itinerary
We will provide a laptop/relevant software so that, should the group be in agreement, we can do a critique of the group members’ individual photographs.
The Booking Process
Once you have completed the online booking/enquiry form and submitted it, we will email you with login details so that you can contact our affiliate travel company – TravelLocal to make the payment for your tour. TravelLocal is 100% secure and ABTA certified and all payments are completely protected. Also, should you wish to stay a few days extra after the tour has finished, TravelLocal can organise this for you.
A tour will go ahead once we have reached the minimum number of participants for that tour, which is normally 6 people. If a tour isn’t going ahead, you will be notified before you have to pay for the remainder of your trip at 60 days and your deposit will be returned to you in full.
As soon as the minimum number of participants is reached, we will email you the details of the tour along with a specific itinerary for that tour.
We would advise that you DON’T book your flights until you have received confirmation from us that the tour is going ahead.
Sometimes it is necessary to vary the accommodation mentioned in the itinerary. If this is the case, we will book accommodation of an equivalent or higher standard and this will be confirmed to you once we notify you that the tour is going ahead.
Once you’ve booked your tour you will be sent login details to our group chat where you can ‘virtually’ meet the other photographers and their friends/partners on the same tour, to get to know each other before you set off on your journey – should you want to; there’s no obligation!
You will also be sent a discount code to our affiliate companies who are offering discounts to Plus One Photo Tours customers.